Monday, May 17, 2010

A Must See!!!

Ron Mueck, an Australian artist has one of these talents which makes you want to grasp for air. I am sure if I were anywhere near his work, I would want a few moments just to catch my breath and let my brain digest what I am actually experiencing. Simply...Majestic...What is more fascinating is that he captures the feeling, whether it is a vacant look or a bit of discomfort, he has it "spot on".

These are some of his sculptures, one of many hyper realistic works made with silicone, acrylic and fiber glass. His parents were toy makers and he used to make sculptures for movies. Now he lives in Great Britain.















4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Wow - interesting sculptures but all look a little depressing, and I am presuming that Mr. Mueck is releasing his dark side through these works.

8:24 am  
Blogger The Brunch Bag said...

Gee...wish we could have that kind of art event here in Indonesia...*sigh*

Insanely beautiful work!

1:38 pm  
Blogger Sandie said...

I agree, it is a bit dark but insanely beautiful...

3:09 pm  
Blogger Kathy said...

Amazing!!!

1:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home